Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HAUTE HUNTER: "Black Friday" BOYCOTT!

So, no, I will NOT be cluing you in to the sale hoopla that will commence on "Black Friday" through "Cyber Monday"! As I'm boycotting!    All of this is mostly because my body, mind, and wallet are  STILL  recovered from all the Versace for H&M madness!
 I won't bore you with a full-on Versace/H&M 'post-mortem' as I originally planned,  however, the one thing I will say is "THANK MZ. PW FOR HOOKIN' A SISTA UP AT THE VIP PRE-PARTY!".  I was able to snag the butter-soft leather trench (which recently sold on eBay for $500 MORE than the original cost!), chain mail dresses, shoe booties, and other goodies!    Look at me cheesin' with my bounty! :-)





No worries, however, for those of you 'across the pond' who weren't able to snag any of the 'goodies'...as previously reported, a second Versace for H&M collection is rumored to launch ON LINE ONLY (which is why it is not available here in the U.S.- as we don't get to enjoy H&M e-commerce state-side :-( ) in February of 2012.  The Spring 2012 collection “features fruit print bikinis, gold strappy sandals and bundles of Versace bling”  according to Mirror UK.   I'm sure the limited availability will cause another EBay melee but I personally won't be a part of that because I'm quite filled to the brim with Versace/H&M right now.  I'm DONE (I hope...;-))! 

So, yes, I may be 'over' one H&M collabo but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the next...ESPECIALLY IF IT'S TOM FORD!  Yes ladies, my man Tom is rumored to be the next designer collaborating with H&M.     As per a recent write-up in Business Week, the international discount retailer is “keen to follow up its Versace collection with a fashion range designed by Tom Ford.”   I'll keep you posted as to the veracity of this story!
Speaking of Ford, however, photos of his Spring 2012 collection recently debuted on Vogue.com with limited fanfare.    Regardless of the critic's opinions, however, Tom is still my main man who knows how to dress a woman like nobody's business! "Don't NOBODY talk bad about my Tom!"  (in my best "In Living Color" Benita Buttrell voice ;-)). 

So in case you missed it, last night Lady Gaga made an appearance at Barneys New York for the launch of her 'Gaga's Workshop'  concept 'store' which contains approximately 170 products ranging from Gaga-inspired 'disco stick lollipops' to $4,000 shoes.  Barneys will be donating 25% from all proceeds from the 'Workshop' to Gaga's 'Born This Way' Foundation.  It's a win-win for all!   Check out one of the promotional balloons that dotted NYC yesterday in honor of the grand opening:



 

Also noteworthy in the world of fashion this past week was Joseph Altuzarra's CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund win!  Altuzarra won the $300,000 grand prize at the Fund's 8th annual event.  One of my favs- jewelry designer Pamela Love- was a runner-up receiving $100,000 (along with Creatures of the Wind's designers Shane Gabier and Chris Peters). 

Another big buzz worthy topic this past week has been Tamara Mellon's exit from Jimmy Choo!  The co-founder/chief creative officer  and the company CEO- Joshua Shulman- both resigned on the heels of Choo's 15th anniversary.    Choo's parent company Labelux, who acquired the company last spring, will retain the current creative team to continue to run the design side of the luxury shoe company.  Mellon, however, is rumored to kick start her own lifestyle brand as soon as she's done with her post at the end of this month.  I find this all very interesting considering the origins of the 'Jimmy Choo' brand in the first instance.  Hmmmm....
Speaking of corporate hiccups, designer Christian Siriano's collaborative efforts with Payless is currently under fire!  Designer Management Company (DMA), who represents Siriano, is suing the Project Runway alum for commissions due on the Payless deal!  DMA is claiming that they never got their $53,000 commission for negotiating his agreement with the discount shoe retailer.  A Hot Mess!


In some lighter fashion news, hot girl Rihanna is entering the fashion game by creating a denim and lingerie line with Emporio Armani/Armani Jeans.    The collection will made available this month and many pieces will feature Rihanna's logo and/or likeness.  Check it out. 



In other designer collaborations, the Spring 2012 collection of Vera Wang's "White by Vera Wang" line for David's Bridal is now available.  I must tell you that I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL bride- Mz. K.O.- up close and personal in one of Wang's original 'White' designs and it was no less than STUNNING!  Check out a few of the new offerings:








Attention to you L.A.-based Le Chic Urbains,  Japanese department store Uniqlo and U.K.-based TopShop are rumored to be opening in L.A. in 2012!   Although TopShop is planning to hit the west coast in Vegas first, a L.A. opening is planned very soon thereafter.   I know Mz. MLH, Mz. FA, and Mz. SI are happy about that news!



Lastly, in the name of  love and beauty, I was introduced to an 'adult novelty toy' company called 'The Screaming O' that  recently manufactured a line of  'adult toys' targeting women and designed as beauty products called "The Studio Collection".   The Studio Collection consists of 'lipstick', 'make up brushes', 'mascara', 'eyeshadow', and a 'compact' all designed for a woman's pleasure! Look at the 'lipstick'! Oooh la la!








Now that we've talked about everything that makes us girls happy - shopping/fashion and "the screaming o", I would like to offer you some visuals as to the fashion portion of our conversation. 


Check out the 'hi/lo' offerings I discovered in my "Haute Hunting' ventures this past week:










J Crew Floral Skirt @ Net-A-Porter $150
H&M Floral Skirt $39.95






YSL Metallic Tributes $795


B Brian Atwood Metallic Platform @ Shopbop $350






Rihanna Garter Tights $$$$




House Of Holland  Garter Tight $34
Forever21 Garter Tight $6.80





Of course I'd like to throw in some random Haute Hunt finds for your viewing pleasure before I depart...
ENJOY!!!






B Brian Atwood Feather Sandal $350 @ Shopbop.  $350 for Brian Atwood?!? NO BRAINER! (I LOVE feathers ;-))




Ok, so this is definitely an aspirational  piece but this is a work of ART!  Dion Lee Silk Dress $1880 @ Shopbop




On the more affordable front, cute dress from Forever21 for only $24.90. Pair with a wide metallic obi belt and some strappy metallic heels and you will look FIERCE!



H&M Does it Again! HOTNESS for $39.95.  THE FRINGE IS DRIPPING SEX!



H&M Spring 2012 Kimono Play Suit




TopShop Python Print 'Mullet' dress $76. I hate the terminology they are using for this style right now but this dress is simply chic!




Zara Blush Wedge Thigh-High Boot for $189. You get several styles in one! Totally Hot Color too!



DVF Cover-up $265 @ Shopbop. Ok, maybe it's just me but I'd rock this as a dress ANY DAY!




Zara Leather Fringed Shopper $169.  So versatile and cute!




Ok, I know what you're thinking but this Forever21 Crop Feather Vest for $32.80 would be sooo cute if worn correctly.  I totally see the potential in this - esp. for the price!




Forever21 Sequin Leggings $19.80.  Ok, maybe your legs won't look like Mz. CMP's in these BUT for the price, it's worth the attempt! ;-)




Forever21Wool Blend Cape $37.80.  Adorbs and so classic!




Suede Wedges from Rachel Bilson's collection for Shoemint 




Now my dears, I hope you liked what i had to offer today. If not, tough cookies because I'm off to prepare for my 'Day Before Thanksgiving Pig Out Purge'! Happy Turkey Day! TTYL!
xo
me

P.S. - Please excuse the 'hi/lo' comps that are trailing below...having technical difficulties AGAIN! CALGON- TAKE ME AWAY!!!!  UGHH


Dion Lee Silk Sheer Panel Dress Net-a-porter.com $1950
Asos Sheer Panel Dress $116.61





ALC 'Ruby' Jacket @ Shopbop $693





Forever21 Contrast Blazer 32.80
Zara Blazer $89.90



Gucci Metallic Leather Skirt $1,650

TopShop Metallic Skirt $140.73






J Lo in Zuhair Murad @  2011 AMA Awards $$$$
Zara  Asymmetrical Lace Dress $99.90

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. How crazy is it that I had my hands on the entire Versace collection while in Lisbon and didn't purchase a single item! That leather trench is super-hot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

© Haute Hunter Presents...Le Chic Urbain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig