Tuesday, March 15, 2011

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP ROSES!

First and foremost, I must urge each and every one of you to do whatever you can to assist the nation of  Japan as it tries to recover from the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit on March 11th.   We are a global community so we are ALL affected/connected so don't think this isn't 'your problem'.    

Before you think of reaching into your wallet for anything trivial today/this week/this month/this year, think about what even a small portion you would spend at that trendy restaurant or on that glass of wine, sushi dinner, new pair of shoes, hot dress, 'it' bag, etc. would do for the people of Japan...

It only takes a minute to make a difference....Here is a short list of the current relief efforts to which you can donate your money/time/talents:

·          Save the Children: Emergency Relief for Japan Quake www.savethechildren.org/japanquake    Toll free: 800-728-3843. Text JAPAN or 20222 to donate.

·         The American Red Cross: Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Relief
www.redcross.org
Text REDCROSS or 90999 to make $10 donation by text message.

·         Salvation Army
donate.salvationarmyusa.org
Toll free: 800-SAL-ARMY
Text QUAKE or 80888 to donate $10

·         International Medical Corps
www.internationalmedicalcorps.org
Text MED or 80888 to donate $10

·         Doctors Without Borders
www.doctorswithoutborders.org

·         Global Giving
www.globalgiving.org
Text JAPAN or 50555 to donate $10

·         World Vision
www.worldvision.org
Toll Free: 888-56-CHILD Text 4JAPAN to 20222 to donate $10

So now that your mind/heart/wallets are in the right place, I'll share some 'treats' :-)
In hopes that the 'Spring thaw' will yield some much-needed peace, relief,  restoration, and beauty in our collective lives,  I want to pay homage to the "spring flowers" waiting to bloom....in particular, I want to focus on the 'rose'...ROSE GOLD that is!   You all know how much I LOVE  rose gold (jewelry, clothes, shoes, accessories, etc) so you can't imagine how thrilled I've been in my 'haute haunt' this week to see so many designers tickling my rose gold fancy!  Check out the flyness....
Mulberry "Alexa" $1239

Brian Atwood "Maniac" in rose gold $596

TopShop rose gold leather sandals $85

So while on the 'hunt', I ran across these other pieces I wanted to bring to your attention:

* On the 'hi' side (all recent additions on Net-a-porter):
Ladies who Lanvin!!!! My friend Alber is now designing bathing suits! Check out the draped shoulder. VERY St. Tropez at a VERY St. Tropez price of $785!
So, if you haven't noticed, metallic ankle cuff shoes are the new 'hauteness' these days.  From the flat sandals in the new Lanvin collection to these Giambattista Valli metal cuff t-strap sandals for $800.... No fear, I am on the hunt for a more 'affordable' version ;-)
Following up with the Prada-esq nautical-stripe discussion on my last post, check out these Tabitha Simmons "Dustie" sandal/bootie. We'll wait until this goes on sale from it's current $849 tag ;-).
Sarah Jessica Parker is DOING IT over at Halston! Look at this silk 'Kimono' style dress currently priced at $1860.  While the price tag is out of my league right now, the cut/intricate pattern/gathered midsection/side pleating/ 'batwing' sleeves are TOTALLY my thing! I doubt this will make it to the OutNet where I'd happily purchase but for now, we'll keep tabs on it ;-). 

 
*On the 'lo':
TopShop 'Slim Fit' Tuxedo jacket $110.  I must say that I have a version of this jacket from one of TopShop's earlier lines and it was a VERY sound investment.  The cut is sublime & fit is phenomenal. 

While browsing the TopShop site, I ran across more studded bottoms as featured on the last blog posting!  These studded suede 'gladiator' shorts (more like 'skorts' to me) are bold and sassy! If only I had the legs (and the nerve). A VERY unique piece for $165.
Lastly, this Scarlet Red Norma Kamali Trench Coat will definitely make heads turn this Spring. NO BRAINER for $35 at Walmart!  I LOVE the color (actually looking for a lipstick this particular hue...think I found it in the NARS Lipstick Pencil in "Red Square" but I digress.....).  Check out the classic Khaki version below  which was awarded the 2009 Travel & Leisure Magazine's "Best Travel Fashion" design award. 




While we're on the subject of designer collaborations, one of my designers Matthew Williamson will design a collection exclusively for Macy's this spring! The 30 piece collection priced between $50 and $300 is set to launch on April 13th (the day before the H&M "Conscious Collection" launch but more on that later...).   According to WWD,  Williamson states that "the collection aims to capture the essence of the mainline brand, with a focus on the effortless galmour; dynamic prints; loosely structured silhouettes, and pops of strong color."   Although I'm not a Macy's fan, if this collaboration is anything like Williamson's H&M line (I LOVE those pieces- esp. the olive butter leather moto jacket and color splash dresses), I will bravely face the tourists/crazy crowds who normally scare me away from the 34th St. flagship to grab a piece or two from Mr. Williamson (after Lent of course ;-)). 

As mentioned above, we are anxiously awaiting the launch of H&M's "Conscious Collection" on April 14th as reported a few blog editions back.  Here are some firsthand photos of some of my favorite Alexis Bittar-like acrylic accessories and ethereal dresses  (thanks W.Lam @ Nitrolicious):





Although I claim TopShop and H&M among my most favorite places to find 'fashion steals' (after the ultimate- Century 21- of course), my original fascination with finding high-end fashions for low prices came by way of TJ Maxx during junior high school. 
I know most of us visit the TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Home Goods stores these days for mostly household and children's items BUT I recently discovered that TJ Maxx has a department dedicated to TRUE designer collections (i.e. Fendi, Valentino, Prada, Missoni, Manolo, Bottega Veneta, Helmut Lang, etc) called the "RUNWAY" department. 
Only 50 TJ Maxx stores have Runway departments (including Miami and the UWS location in NYC on Columbus Avenue & 101st st) but you can find luxury finds at most of the other TJ Maxx stores identified by purple or black labels (as opposed to the regular white price tags).  I must admit that I did find one of these purple-price-taged "Runway" items in my local/suburban TJ Maxx location and couldn't believe my eyes! I found a $500 cashmere sweater by French high-end retailer Faconnable for $39.99!    I dare say we might want to spend a lot more time combing the TJ Maxx clothing aisles for these coveted purple or black price tags!  You'll know if you're near one of the TJ Maxx locations with dedicated "Runway" departments if you see this signage:  




Before I sign off for today, I want to remind you that the Target "Go International" designer re-launch debuted yesterday.  If you missed one of  the guest designers like Zac Posen, Tucker, Thakoon, etc. the first-go-round, you should visit your local Target or Target.com to snag one of the coveted pieces. 

Also, if you're in NYC and a Lauren Merkin fan, today marks the first day of her seasonal sample sale with handbags, clutches and accessories priced up to 70% off.Tuesday, March 15 to Saturday, March 20
Tues to Friday 11am to 7pm, Sat 11am to 4pm
231 West 29th Street (BTW 7th & 8th Avenues)
212-239-2459
Cash and Credit Cards Only

Praying for our family in Japan....Wishing safe travels/safe, healthy return to Mz.TT!
xoxo
me


 


 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute Hunter Presents...Le Chic Urbain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig