Thursday, June 2, 2011

JOYEUX JUIN! No Doubt About It, Summer is HERE!


Good evening my friends! Welcome to JUNE 2011!  Can't believe half the year has left us so quickly but I'm kind of liking the fact that time is flying.... I'm soooo ready for some summertime fashion,  fun, and frolicking  (as I expect this weekend at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic on Governors Island, NYC: http://vcseason.com/polo.).  But before the party begins, let me share some little 'gems' I've discovered this week:


We are all looking forward to the Missoni for Target collaboration this fall but I'm even more excited after seeing some of the pieces featured in some shots from the upcoming ad campaign.   As you can see from the photos below, the collection is 'true to form' Missoni (unlike the more recent Calypso collection that I felt was 'watered down' and uninspiring). 







In other collaboration news, Diane von Furstenberg is preparing for her collaboration with Gap Kids debut! She will be designing a girls Spring/Summer 2012 line.  Guess who will be front and center for that one! ;-) 


Celebrity stylist/new designer Rachel Zoe has finally found a home for her designs (featured here in past blog posts)! Zoe's maxi dresses, wide legged jeans, and otherwise 70s-inspired fashions will be housed at my fav department store Bergdorf Goodman and its parent company Nieman Marcus.  

 

Speaking of new designers, I'm sure you LA folks might already have a clue but I'm a new fan of the California based jewelry design-house B. Rawlings ( http://www.brawlings.com/ )!  
New designer  Brittany Rawlings already has an impressive celeb following (Tyra Banks, Brandy, Lindsay Lohan, Mya, etc) and has already found a home for her collection at Bloomingdales in Santa Monica.  Her pieces, ranging from $50 and $600, are clearly meant to make a 'statement'.  Check out my favorite below (it's actually a 'two in one' neckpiece! You know I'm a sucker for bargains so I LOVE the 'two for one' concept ;-))


Now, if you're a lazy New Yorker like me and have YET to visit  the Met's Alexander McQueen exhibit, you will be happy to know that the exhibit has been extended for one more week through  August 7th.  In addition, McQueen fans will be able to take advantage of "Met Mondays with McQueen," whereby you can visit the McQueen exhibit during hours when the Met is usually closed (Mondays: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.).    An exclusive lunchtime visit on a Monday sounds MUCH better than fighting the general crowd/tourists on regular days!


 
In other news, my favorite gym Equinox  has snagged ownership of the fabu spinning studio chain: SoulCycle!   Equinox will be expanding SoulCycle's reach  by adding nine more locations and renovating some of the current studios to accommodate more SoulCycle devotees.  I'm not one for spinning but I do hear that SoulCycle is 'the bomb'.  Hopefully my Equinox membership will allow me to try it out gratis!


Now, enough of the 'serious' news stuff....let's talk sale!!!! 
In my last post, I mentioned a few Memorial Day weekend sales but did inform you that many of our favorite designers would be slashing prices 'post holiday weekend'.  Well, here's a rundown of some of the additional sales that are too good to be missed:


*Net-A-Porter.com summer sale with 30% to 50% off.
*
Gucci presale has begun but goes 'public' tomorrow with 30%-40% off .  Expect another markdown in coming weeks with discounts reaching 50%-60% off. 
*Alexander Wang with an initial markdown of 30% that will eventually be slashed to 50%.
*Dolce & Gabbana, Yves Saint Laurent, Catherine Malandrino, Jil Sander, Nannette Lepore & Derek Lam boutiques are all offering 40% off .
*Vivienne Tam marking her Spring 2010 collection down to 50% with Spring 2011 being sold at 30% off.
*Lanvin, Miu Miu, Prada, and Giuseppe Zanotti are also offering 30% off certain styles.
*Chanel and Chloe boutiques will be discounting their merch at 40% starting next week.
HAPPY SUMMER SHOPPING!!!!

Now, for those of you who rather look for your 'steals' on the 'net vs. combing the rack at a designer boutique, check out my latest "Haute Hunting" finds:





Although this may not look that hot on this model, I thought that $64 for this Lipsy embellished top that could be dressed up or down was a good deal. Check it out at ASOS.com




Also at Asos.com, the Asos Kimono dress for $100 has a very minimalistic yet sexy look to it...




At Zara, this metallic gold leather skirt is a good buy for $99.  I wouldn't suggest this top or these shoes but I think its a really good piece to build a sexy outfit around.



Also at Zara (and metallic....ok, I'm feeling a bit 'bling bling' lately I guess), are these silver skinny jeans for $79.  I personally like my skinny jeans to slouch a little around the ankle (assuming I'm wearing some sky-high heels) so I'd prefer not to cuff these bad boys.... 



While at Zara (yes, can you believe I actually went into a brick & mortar store!?!), I spotted this orange maxi sheath dress. It looks a little bland in the photo but in person, it's much more impressive (esp the thigh-high split and the $159 price tag!).


Still nurturing my 'bling bling' fetish, I thought these Report Signature 'Herricks" sandal was both 'au current' and sexy.  I love the clean, smooth lines of this shoe.  On sale now for $150. 

TopShop's color block shoe for $136 is a great inexpensive piece to add to your wardrobe this season, as it features the bright coral and yellow tones that are all the rage right now (and don't forget orange, fuchsia, magenta, and cobalt blue as well!)



Of course I can't finish this post without adding in one of my 'hi/lo' items.... It's just so fun!
Which of these almost identical woven shoe booties is $120 @ Report Signature vs. $1600 from a certain shoe designer with the initials C.L. (no peeking at the colored bottoms-which of course is a dead give-away! ;-))?




 



Ok folks, I think I'm signing off for today to start "Haute Hunting" for my next post!   Have a great weekend!
xoxo
me
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute Hunter Presents...Le Chic Urbain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig