Thursday, June 23, 2011

HAUTE HUNTER: Post-Solstice Shopping Solace

Happy Summer Everyone!

So glad to be back!  Had to take a little break  to take care of some 'blog bizness' (trying to inch my way out of this 'beta' phase and into real world blogging).   But of course, in the midst of all the business and 'life' situations constantly  stealing my attention, I always find a way to 'self soothe' in the name of fashion!   Even my doctor (decked out in her examination coat and Gucci stilettos) recently prescribed a dose of  'retail therapy' to 'heal my ailments'!  Can you believe it?!?  Even this seasoned medical professional understands the solace, comfort, and mental escape shopping (or even the fantasy of/conversations surrounding shopping) can offer.  So in the name of obtaining a little solace through shopping, let's share! ;-)
   
Now, you know I always give you the IMMEDIATE skinny on what's going on in the world of designer collaborations but this one almost slipped under my nose last week until Mz. AM so graciously hooked me up!
VERSACE (yes, VERSACE...) will be designing a line for H&M to debut this fall!  The collection (a 40 piece line for women and 20 piece line for men) will be available in about 300 stores world-wide but will debut in the US in select stores on  November 19th.   Donatella will also design a pre-spring collection for on-line sale starting January 19, 2012.  Take a look at Donatella Versace in one of the dresses! If this is representative of the line, I dare say that the pieces/accessories will be very much true-to-form Versace ("Gianni style")!    





In other collabo news, Target announced the fall debut of two new accessory collaborations: the Albertus Swanepoel for Target Hat Collection and Dana Kellin for Target Jewelry Collection.   Starting October 30th, the Albertus Swanepoel 14 piece hat line (priced at $19.99  each) and the necklace/earring line from Dana Kellin (from $9.99 to $49.99) will be available in Target stores and on Target.com. 

  

Lastly, I'm sad to announce (not as sad as Mz. NC I'm sure) that Jil Sander will not continue her collaboration with Uniqlo.    +J will be missed..... R.I.P.



Now, on to fashion 'news'. 


Jimmy Choo has just released ads in connection with their Fall 2011 line featuring Brazilian model Raquel Zimmermann.   It seems to me that JC may be getting their 'sexy' back!  Quite interesting considering Tamara Mellon's recent sale of the company. Nonetheless, from the looks of things, I think I'll renew my 'fan club' membership (I haven't been inspired by the line recently but this line looks like the JC I know and love!). 







Speaking of corporate divestitures in the fashion world,  Prada went public last week and will begin trading on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange tomorrow!   This is great news for Prada fans- as the IPO is a sure sign that the brand is planning on expanding AND if you're lucky enough to be connected to a brokerage firm who trades on the Hong Kong stock market (like HSBC) , you too can join Miuccia Prada as an 'owner' of the company's coveted shares!


Lastly in fashion news, Lanvin revealed photos of their children's collection (thanks Mz. MLH!).   Lanvin Petite features Alber Elbaz's signature designs with part of the proceeds of this line will be donated to the Designing Hope charity.   Take a look at the cuteness!







For all of you 'party people', TONIGHT IN NYC, designer Tracy Reese is offering a GNO (Girls Night Out!) featuring cocktails, cupcakes, manicures, makeovers, and flash sales!!!  This is an event NOT TO BE MISSED! HEAD OVER NOW!  
Thu, Jun 23 at 5:00PM - 8:00PM
@ Tracy Reese Boutique: 641 Hudson Street.

In other "Tracy"-related fashion news, Tracy Chambers has announced her Vintage Summer Madness Sales Event this Saturday (June 25th)  in Brooklyn, NY from 12p.m.-4 p.m. at 216 Jefferson (BTW Marcy & Nostrand).    Please go out and support!  Thanks for the info Mz. CW!


Now, I can either do  my normal 'list' of sales (i.e. Zara's semi-annual sale starting tomorrow/Saks sale/Netaporter sale/etc) OR I can just jump to the FUN part of showing you my latest 'finds' .  I just made an 'executive decision' and choose the later ;-)).   
So here are the results of my most recent "haute hunts" this week (enjoy!):

 On the 'higher' end without the 'higher' prices, take a look at these 'steals' available on the net now:

On sale at Net-a-porter: Brian Atwood pink satin "Maniac" on sale for half price from $480 to $240

Also on sale at Net-a-porter: Tucker Silk Wrap Jumpsuit (in white or black) from $460 to $184

Halston Heritage Silk Dress on sale at the OutNet for $198



Also at the Outnet, D&G 2 piece suit for $307
Here are some other picks from some of my favorite/less expensive haunts:
TopShop Sequin Dress $200


TopShop Animal Print portable pouch Parka $60

H&M Metallic Wedge Espadrilles



H&M Metallic Skinny Pants







Asos Color Block Maxi Dress $60

Asos Tulip Maxi $112

Ok Folks, I'm going to try to head over to the Tracy Reese event and grab a quick cocktail.... until next time!
xoxo
me









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute Hunter Presents...Le Chic Urbain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig