Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In the final words of Lady "O": "To God be the glory!"

Wow, can I tell you that watching the finale of the Oprah Winfrey Show today brought me to TEARS! I never imagined I would react that way.... but after 25 years of her inspiration, my heart was a bit heavy at the thought of 'losing'  her .  Nonetheless, she's not dead and more importantly, we now have her personal email address (oprah@oprah.com ) so we've lost a TV show but we've gained a new email buddy! ;-)

Now, down to business....

Jimmy Choo has a new owner.   Labelux, owner of luxury fashion brands Derek Lam, Bally, and Solange Azagury-Patridge, bought the luxury shoe retailer for around $850 million.   Choo's Tamara Mellon (Chief Creative Officer) and CEO Josh Schulman will remain with the company.  I was kinda hoping that the original Jimmy Choo who co-founded the line with Mellon would re-enter (with his backers) as owner once the shoe line was put up for sale last year but apparently Labelux won out.  It would have been poetic justice if the 'real' Jimmy Choo was able to wrestle control over his namesake line once and for all!

In other news, Topshop has announced that the Oxford Circus and NY Soho stores will now feature 'Secret Stores' dedicated to featuring premium designer collaboration pieces from  designers such as Pamela Love, Meadham Kirchhoff, Emma Cook, Ann-Sofie Back, Tom Scott, etc.   These limited edition 'Secret Stores' will be offered for two weeks only starting on May 26th. 

In what has proven to be the best news of the week for me, French fashion house Balmain has answered my prayers by announcing that they are preparing to launch a more affordable collection to premiere this September.  I am uber excited at the fact that I no longer have to rely upon Outnet cast offs (which, in my opinion are still too expensive) in order to get my Balmain 'fix'!

In my one 'collabo' piece of the day, our girl Rachel Roy has gone to the beach!   Roy 's "Rachel Rachel Roy" collection just released a shoe collaboration with pro surfer Katrina Petroni consisting of a wedge heel, espadrille, and high-top sneaker.  The wedge, the less 'sporty' of the bunch, is priced at $139 and is a a colorful, easy shoe to slip on for those easy summer days ahead.
Check it out:





Now, as you all know, Memorial Day Weekend is a couple of days away and that means SALES everywhere!  Here is a quick listing of where to shop in the coming days:

-Saks has already started their 40% (clothing)/30% (shoes/accessories) sale.    The offerings are pretty sweet! Also, while purusing the site, sign up for the "FashionFix" daily discount (Thanks Mz TT) where you can enjoy 50% off of some of your favorite designers via timed 'flash sales'.
-In NYC, the TIBI sample sale started yesterday and will run through tomorrow from 10am-7pm at 348 W. 36th St.
- Chloe is also offering 40% off of ready-to-wear, shoes, and some bags. 
-Lanvin has begun their 30% markdown off of their spring and summer offerings.
-Although the Prada sale starts right after Memorial Day, you can still enjoy 30% off during the presale that began this week. 

As for POST Memorial Day Sales, Chanel (discounting 40% off clothing/shoes/accessories),  Marni (40% off the main collection and 30% off of the Addition Collection and Resort), and DVF (NYC Sample Sale with 40%-70% off of retail running June 7-June 10 at 260 5th Avenue @28th St) are 'must visits'. 


Now that I've encouraged you to spend all of our money at these sales, I must redeem myself by showing you guys a few of the 'hi/lo' comps I've discovered this week!

Looks like Long Tasseled Earrings are all the rage these days..... I love the way these brightly hued 'shoulder dusters' look with a short cut or pulled-back hair.  Isn't ironic, however, that one of these pairs is $250 @ shopbop while the other is $27 @ Asos? Take a guess.....

 




Also, looks like this spring brings love for the nude crochet sweater! Pair it up with shorts, slacks, or a maxi-skirt and you've got yourself a winning combo! Just one problem, do you chose the $394 ALC sweater (@ Shopbop) or the J Crew Sweater currently on sale @ Jcrew.com for $89? What's a girl to do? ;-)





As always, I want to leave you with some great pieces to think on.... check out some of my fav finds from my 'haute hunting' expedition this week:

Asos has done it with this ASOS Revive Halter Dress for 172. The gold metal collar & back are all that!

Although I'm not usually a Sam Edelman Fan, these "Lucia" sandals at shopbop are a steal for $140!




LOVE this Topshop beaded harem jumpsuit for $90



This flowy Vero Moda 70s Dress from Asos is a must have for $51!



This $194  ShopBop exclusive by TBags is a wonderful maxi to dress up or down. 


Lastly, I have to tell you that I'm loving this new Herve Leger strapless mini dress.  Only problem is the $2,500 pricetag! :-)



Well my dears, like Oprah, I won't say "goodbye", just "until we meet again"....
xoxo
me

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute Hunter Presents...Le Chic Urbain. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig